Senior Safety: How A Fall Alarm Can Provide Peace of Mind for Loved Ones
As we age, the risk of falling increases. Falls can lead to serious injuries or hospitalisation. For seniors, the fear of falling can be debilitating and can greatly impact their quality of life. For caregivers and loved ones, the fear of a fall can cause constant worry and stress. A fall alarm can provide peace of mind for both seniors and their caregivers by monitoring and protecting them against falls.
Falls are the leading cause of injury-related death among seniors, and the risk of falling increases with age. Factors such as poor vision, decreased muscle strength, and certain medical conditions can all contribute to the risk of falling. In addition to physical injuries, falls can also lead to a loss of independence and the need for long-term care.
An fall alarm is a device that can detect falls and alert caregivers or emergency services.
Benefits Of Owning A Fall Alarm
One of the main benefits of an elderly fall alarm is the peace of mind it can provide for caregivers and loved ones. Knowing that a fall can alleviate the constant worry and stress that comes with caring for a loved one. It also allows seniors to continue to live independently in their own homes with confidence
An elderly fall alarm can also provide peace of mind for seniors by giving them the confidence to continue with their daily activities. Many seniors may become hesitant to leave their homes or participate in activities they enjoy out of fear of falling. With the added security of an alarm, seniors can continue to live their lives without the constant fear of falling.
In addition to providing peace of mind, an elderly fall alarm can also save lives. Prompt response to a fall can greatly reduce the risk of serious injury or death. Some alarms can even detect other emergency situations, such as a senior becoming unresponsive, and alert caregivers or emergency services.
What To Consider When Choosing A Fall Alarm
When choosing a fall alarm, it is important to consider the specific needs and preferences of the senior. When choosing an elderly fall alarm, it is important to consider the specific needs and preferences of the senior. Investing in an elderly fall alarm can help seniors to live independently and safely in their own homes
Other considerations could include:
- Does the person often go outside of the home? If so a landline based alarm with 100m radius won’t suit, they need a mobile alarm. Isaac Care uses a sim card – it works like a mobile phone meaning it can be used inside and outside the house.
- Who does the person want to be on the other end of the line when an alert is raised? Does the provider offer them flexibility to choose if they want a loved one or a call centre, or mix the benefits of both i.e. try a family member first, then try call centre
- Does the person have a landline? A mobile fall alarm doesn’t require landline which is a reduced household cost (a lot of older people keep their landlines when they get mobiles because their fall alarms are connected)
- Discretion: would the person rather a discreet fall alarm over a red button on their wrist
- Flexible payment options: Isaac Care offers three payment options to suit the persons needs
In conclusion, an elderly fall alarm can provide peace of mind for both seniors and their caregivers by monitoring and protecting against falls. These alarms can save lives, reduce the risk of serious injury and give seniors the confidence to continue with their daily activities. Caregivers and loved ones can be alerted immediately in case of emergency, which can help them to respond quickly.
Get in Touch
Our dedicated team are on hand to assist you in any way. Contact us on (042) 936 8391 or fill in your details in the contact form and one of our team will be in touch.